Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It Works For Me

After my scam, I was dealing with all sorts of feelings, emotional, mental and physical. I ran the gamut of all the emotions, pain, heartache, desolation. Mentally I kept chastising myself,"How could I have fallen for this?" "Where was your head?"  Physically I felt worn out, like I had run a race on a treadmill and no matter how I tried  I just couldn't catch up!
My mind was constantly whirling, "if I had only done this or done that" I just didn't know what to think or believe anymore.
The daughter of my friend up the street was a power walker. She really loved to walk and told me it set her mind free, not to mention the physical benefits, cardio vascular workout and helped her keep her body toned. I thought why not? So I started to power walk. I started out slowly, only a few minutes a day. Lo and behold I started to see the benefits. 
After a couple of weeks I had gradually worked up to about a half hour a day. Then after another month I was up to 45 minutes. I felt so good when I did this, like I was finally taking charge of my life and doing something constructive. It worked for me! Up to this point I have lost 38 pounds and when I don't get out and walk I feel so blah! lol  I now walk an hour to an hour and a half a day and it really energizes me and has also helped my self esteem and confidence. Of course this might not work for everyone and you should check with your doctor first to make sure you are physically capable of doing this type of exercise.
For me it gives me that physical outlet for my frustration and anger over what happened to me. Swinging your arms is also an excellent way to get rid of anger. It also gets you out into the world again and into the fresh air! It revitalizes you! It gave me hope that I could get back to myself and my life and gave me a freedom and joy I hadn't experienced in a long time. It may seem simple, but it works for me and it might work for you!
ss

No comments:

Post a Comment